Entry
2 Tix, 1 BNG Booster, 2 THS BoosterRares
None.Prizes
1 THS BoosterDraft
Picks
Final List
The toughest part I found about the draft is that I didn't really open any cards that pulled me in any direction. I also didn't see any rares or mythic cards that I could have picked up to sell later.
I ended up taking some early black cards for removal and an early Siren of the Fanged Coast, and stuck with UB.
Final Decklist
After all the sealed games I was playing, it was tough to get used to only having such a small pool of cards.
I wasn't quite sure what my deck was trying to do either. The cards I had would let me survive, but I wasn't sure how I would be able to get a win out of it.
Given the cards I had, my plan was to stall long enough to play my enough evasive creatures to win.
Games
Game 1
The first round was against a WUG deck with a minor heroic theme to it.Round 1
Opponent opened with a Traveler's Amulet into Deepwater Hypnotist, and I started with an Omenspeaker into Felhide Minotaur. They play an Ordeal of Thassa onto the Hypnotist and attack. I block with my Minotaur, but they save it with Gods Willing. I replace my Minotaur with a Servant of Tymaret while they play Ephara, God of the Polis.I use Necrobite to kill the Deepwater Hypnotist, but it's replaced with a Horizon Scholar. I'm unable to deal with their flier and eventually lose
I had forgot that deathtouch needed to deal damage to deal damage, so I let their triton get in a free hit before I played my servant. It also didn't help that I only drew three mana that game. Seeing how close the other games were, I might have had a chance had I not made that mistake.
Round 2
I open with a Returned Phalanx and they start with an Omenspeaker into Chorus of the Tides. I play a Returned Centaur which I bestow with a Nimbus Naiad. However, the centaur gets bounced with a Retraction Helix, and they kill my Naiad with a Crypsis. I play a Divination into Horizon Scholar, while they play Ephara, God of the Polis and status walk on their Omenspeaker.I play Benthic Giant. while they platy Omenspeaker and Oreskos Sun Guide to get the devotion they need to make Ephara, God of the Polisa creature which I chump with Returned Phalanx. From there I stall out the board by constantly playing creatures to block Ephara, God of the Polis.
I used Horizon Scholar and eventually Siren of the Fanged Coast to protect the skies, and a Servant of Tymaret to block Ephara, God of the Polis. I also had a long series of other creatures that were used to block the god, and to prevent any other creatures from attacking me.
I also used Rescue from the Underworld at one point to get another mill out of Returned Centaur, and another blocking creature from my graveyard which kept me alive after my opponent tried to bounce my creatures with a Sea God's Revenge.
I got lucky this game. I believe he could have won at a few points had he attacked with all his creatures.
Game 3
+ Mnemonic Wall+ Annul
- Tormented Hero
- Grisley Transformation
They open with Omenspeaker, Phalanx Leader and Oreskos Sun Guide, while I start with a Returned Phalanx and Baleful Eidolon. I use a Traveler's Amulet to get more lands, and Divination. I play triton fortune hunter.They play Horizon Scholar while I play Benthic Giant. They play Ephara, God of the Polis, I play Horizon Scholar. they play Hopeful Eidolon on the Phalanx Leader.
I delay them by using Sudden Storm on their Horizon Scholar and god. However, I'm not able to draw the Returned Centaur I needed to mill them out.
Round 2
This round was against a BG deck.Game 1
I open with a Tormented Hero into Returned Phalanx which trades with their Nyxborn Wolf, I play Divination while my Hero dies to a Weight of the Underworld. I play Felhide Minotaurand bestow it with Nimbus Naiad, while they play a Baleful Eidolon and a Sedge Scorpion which is is enchanted with an Ordeal of Erebos. I Griptide the scorpion, and my opponent scoops.Game 2
+ Annul- Benthic Giant
I open with an Omenspeaker while they start with a Felhide Minotaur. I enchant my creature with an Ordeal of Erebos and they do the same with their Minotaur. We both then play a Baleful Eidolon.
They develop their board with a Pheres-Band Centaurs and Fate Unraveler while I go looking for answers with a Divination. I find a Grisley Transformation, and use it to start attacking again, and play a Returned Phalanx to defend. They trade their Minotaur with my Baleful Eidolon and play a Sedge Scorpion.
To keep myself alive, I used a Servant of Tymaret to keep their Fate Unraveler from dealing damage while using my Returned Phalanx, and later a Triton Fortune Hunter on the centaur A Gray Merchant of Asphodel is used to finish him off.
Round 3
Last round was against an bestow heavy WRGame 1
I open with an Omenspeaker into Servant of Tymaret into Returned Centaur, while my opponent starts with a Spearpoint Oread. Over the course of the game, they bestow their creature with a Hopeful Eidolon, an Observant Alsied, and Nyxborn Shieldmate.I tried to remove it once with a Necrobite, but forgot that the Oread's first strike ability would allow it to kill any of my creatures before deathtouch could hit it. Even though I managed to play a Siren of the Fanged Coast and a Horizon Scholar at different points of the game, I'm not able to deal enough damage due to the lifelink on my opponent's creature.
Game 2
+Annul- Grisley Transformation
Opp open with a Cavalry Pegasus into Elite Skirmisher and I started with a Tormented Hero. I Pharika's Cure the skirmisher and my opponent tries to replace it with a Spearpoint Oread. However, I prevent it with an Annul. They then play Chosen by Heliod onto a Two-Headed Cerberus. I play Triton Fortune Hunter and they bestow a Nyxborn Shieldmate onto the Cerberus and play a Lagonna-Band Elder which trades with the Tormented Hero. I use Griptide on the Cerberus.
I play Returned Centaur. they bestow Nyxborn Rollicker on their Cavalry Pegasus. I play a Returned Phalanx then a Siren of the Fanged Coast. They play a Vanquish the Foul on my Siren for a win.
Lessons Learned
- Pay more attention to combat abilities. I made a few mistakes and ended up not getting the deathtouch effect out of Necrobite on several occasions
- I need to find a way to easily review and post my picks during the draft.


No comments:
Post a Comment